October 1, 2009

First week in Oz




















Well its been a week and having fun allready. After having Landed in Brisbane I decide to skip the connecting flight to Sydney for a more relaxing entry. I find that no rental cars are available due to a school holiday, cool no problem, I'll catch a bus up north to my Uncle Toms' area and enjoy some of the Sunshine coast. Not quite the plan but I really didnt have much of one and vacations should be relaxed right?

Its been a week up in Buderim just off the coast. The coastal town here is called Mooloolaba with a large bay, and by the looks of it would be some great kitesurfing. My cousin Victor gave me a good surf lesson and showed me some good skateboarding moves in the backyard(Dogtown & Z boys style). Uncle Tom's house is very cool and has a great view of the coast. The food has been wonderful, the climate mild and reliable, and the country/coastline is beautiful.

Today I had my first paragliding flight so far and was in the beautiful Blackall range. Maleny is a town not too far away and is the start of the Hinterland. Denis was a kind guide pilot showing me the site and getting my visiting paperwoork in order. I am now a temp member of the Canondale Paragliding Club and ready to fly some more sites in the surrounding area. They fly some big xc flights from Maleny and have some great views of the Glass House mountains.

Before I ramble on forever here are some pics from my trip so far............

4 comments:

  1. Hello Ryan,
    The Hughes family is enjoying this blog. Keep it up. Eric wants to see a picture of a kangaroo-Mate! We miss you and love you.
    1-4-3 Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah-take a picture of yourself...the kids want to see what you look like now-a-days!
    1-4-3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Ryan. Good to hear your having a blast. Hollar at me when oyu get back to SLC area. Peace-JD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics Ryan, looks like an awesome place. Strangely enough, paragliding on the Queensland coast has made the news:

    low-flying-thrillseeker-sparks-gold-coast-blaze

    Watch out for those low flying thrill seekers!

    ReplyDelete